Harford Mutual is seeking a Project Leader to support the Information Technology team. The Project Leader directs and oversees the development cycle which encompasses project planning, execution and reporting, leading scrums and managing of resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects goals and objectives.
- Oversees and coordinates work from Analysts, Developers and Testers in the successful completion of all phases of the development cycle
- Leads a team on the design, installation, and maintenance of projects under general supervision that meets or exceeds expectations within time and cost estimates
- Evaluates the scope and complexity of projects and programs, and implements the necessary resources to ensure adherence to policies and procedures while meeting defined commitments
- Interfaces with all levels of business and technical management staff and project teams to facilitate problem resolution and the resolution of competing priorities
- Develops and maintains software test plans; designs, creates, and maintains test data as needed to support quality testing
- Oversees the implementation of projects by developing and administering the project plan
- Meets with end-users in order to develop system specifications and development cycle timelines
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Six – Eight years of experience with Insurance industry experience a plus
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Solid knowledge of programming and applications development fundamentals including program logic, flow, testing, problem solving, file structures, as well as a strong knowledge in system design and analysis
- Ability to understand and use SDLC models to manage complexity
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Strong collaborating skills, and an ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to make independent, informed decisions
Harford Mutual is seeking a Rater to support the Commercial Business Team. The Rater assists the Commercial Lines Underwriter by preparing and processing new business applications, endorsements and cancellations. They assure all related support activities are delivered in a manner consistent with the company’s customer service standards and priorities.
- Process new business applications and supporting documents and enter rating information in the policy management system.
- Index, review and process endorsement requests and correspondence
- Issue and process cancellations, rescinds and reinstatements
- Research and resolve issues, respond to inquiries and questions while providing exceptional customer service to agents and insured’s to facilitate processing of business.
- Manage account documentation (i.e. new and renewal quotes, endorsements, cancellations, etc.).
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Associates Degree is a plus
- 0 – 1 years industry experience and/or relevant training
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments
Senior Loss Control Representative--Based in North Carolina
The Senior Loss Control Representative conducts high level risk assessment inspections for specific accounts, including job hazard analysis on defined accounts where safety programs have been requested, thus enhancing the company’s profitability and premium goals. This role will be based in North Carolina and focus on accounts/customers in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Inspects new applicants and existing policyholders for hazards that may lead to loss.
- Completes written reports of potential account exposures to assist with underwriting of insurance policies.
- Surveys the premises, identifies hazards/controls, takes digital photographs, and makes any necessary recommendations to improve risk.
- Develops and presents safety training classes to meet growing needs of insureds and agents.
- Develops and executes safety plans based on initial risk assessments that will reduce volume and severity of claims.
- Schedule and present safety programs to insureds at their office or on-site throughout the year, based on a set schedule outlined in the safety plan.
- Reviews documentation to ensure all required onsite records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures.
- Completes rush or pre-inspections of more complex accounts based on occupancy and hazards involved.
- Researches risk analysis of similar types of accounts that have safety programs assigned for comparative purposes, in order to develop appropriate plans to mitigate loss for assigned accounts.
- This position will require the ability to be on the road 50- 75% of the time supporting accounts/customers.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years’ experience in lieu of degree
- Three – Five years’ experience in Loss Control
- Completion of or participation in ARM program
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction, electrical and plumbing standards, HVAC systems, sprinkler systems, and fire department operations; able to recognize hazards related to employee on the job injuries
- Have a strong desire to succeed and work independently with limited direction and guidance
- Be self-disciplined, organized and able to manage an aggressive workload and have the ability to prioritize and schedule inspections timely and efficiently
- Be able to observe, develop, and communicate risk recommendations so that underwriters can make effective decisions on risk.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
The process of software development requires the testing of the programs developed to ensure that the software will perform in accordance with business requirements in real life situations. This position takes ownership of all Software Quality Assurance testing aspects of the development and implementation of new system functionality and product features.
- Work with IT management in maintaining quality control of various items within IT
- Develop and maintain standard test plan templates, processes and controls
- Develop standard test plans, test cases and expected results. This will include standard test scenarios and scripts for user interfaces, application functionality, system interfaces, and "ad-hoc testing".
- Partner with IT project leads and business systems analysts to integrate Quality Assurance testing into our system development lifecycle.
- Develop strategy (tools, processes, etc.) for automated and performance testing
- Interact with business analysts, developers and other stakeholders to create project test plans to support business requirements.
- Coordinate and perform testing activities with business users and developers, including functional tests, regression tests, and data verification.
- Document and report test results, log issues and defects, and recommend resolution strategies.
- Serve as a liaison between the Information Technology and other departments in identifying and resolving systems quality issues.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- Minimum High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Two year Associate degree or Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related Technical field preferred or 5 or more years of work experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of five years of work experience creating test plans, test scripts and testing large scale applications
- 3 years of work experience with automated testing tools and performance testing preferred
- Knowledge of modern testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Knowledge in concepts of databases
- Demonstrated experience with documenting business processes and workflows
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to make independent, informed decisions.
All Employees Enjoy These Company Benefits
- Health, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with contribution by company
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Group term life insurance
- Long term disability
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Educational assistance
- Free parking
- Business casual dress code
When applying for an OPEN position with Harford Mutual, please e-mail (with the job title in the subject line), fax (410-420-6277), or mail your resume to:
ATTN: Human Resources
200 North Main Street
Bel Air, MD 21014-3544
Harford Mutual Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer